The Complex Risk Symposium is an invitation-only annual event focused on a select group of companies with similar, intricate risk challenges. This unique gathering garners topics from our five previous annual meetings, taking them to a deeper level by focusing on those companies’ complex risk profiles, creating an open dialogue around today’s most pressing risk management challenges, and providing relevant insights for today’s fast-paced and disruptive business environment.
This Symposium brings together approximately 250 risk managers, underwriting executives, consultants and other experts from the fields of property, casualty, executive liability, cyber risk, surety, and claims to discuss current complex risk topics at an in-depth level, directly relating to the specific audience we have invited.
Quality time with experts
Meet face-to-face with some of the world’s leading insurers along with top risk management executives and other senior-level decision makers facing evolving and complex risks, who are focused on practical solutions and best practices.
Collaborate 1-to-1 and explore
- Minding the protection gap — examining the difference between economic and insured losses
- Intentionally marketing your way to success: the risk professional as an internal consultant
- Creating effective presentation materials
- Overview of RiskBlock: an unprecedented, industry-led consortium collaborating to unlock the potential of blockchain across the insurance industry
- Innovation in wearables: a presentation by Guardhat
- Engaging political risk – you’re either at the table or on the menu
See the full agenda for additional details.
- Risk management professionals
- Workers compensation professionals
- General counsel
- Select underwriting executives
- World class consultants
Why the Complex Risk Symposium?
The role of risk management, its practitioners, and the strategies and solutions deployed to achieve optimal results are continually changing in today’s business environment. We are still in the midst of significant changes brought on by competitive, economic, political and global pressures faced by multinational firms. Ongoing consolidation and change in the insurance industry is adding to those pressures. Risk managers need help in navigating this challenging environment, with support from peers as well as experienced, expert partners.
The shift in demographics and evolving skills sets needed for success create both challenges and opportunities for the risk management community. The Complex Risk Symposium provides a much-needed forum in which risk managers and the insurance industry can have in-depth discussions and exchange ideas.
- Presentations on the leading edge of complex risk issues.
- In-depth discussions on today’s risk challenges, best practices, and strategies which resonate with risk management professionals.
- General sessions with real-time polling, more intimate targeted breakout sessions, an exclusive Meet-The- Markets exhibit hall, and networking events.
- A Symposium structured with you in mind – easy onsite logistics, ample personal space, and WiFi.
- Because the event is limited to 250, you will have effective networking opportunities with risk management peers, market making underwriting executives and world-class consultants.
- This symposium goes beyond just attending. Because the individuals you will meet share similar complex risk profiles, you will have an opportunity to meet and connect with colleagues from across the country during and after the symposium.
Meet the host, Ryan Brown
Ryan Brown is Vice President & Strategic Client Advocate at Lockton Companies, the world’s largest privately held insurance brokerage firm. A recognized leader in the insurance and risk management industry, Ryan forms some of most specialized client-specific solutions for clients with the most complex risk profiles. His commitment extends to thought leadership via featured articles in risk management publications, speaking engagements at RIMS, Enterprise Risk Management, and various global risk management venues, and structuring and hosting annual summits which focus on complex risk management.
Ryan was named to the 2015 Business Insurance magazine 40 under 40 broker honoree based on his leadership, expertise, client service, and feedback. In 2006, he was named to Business Insurance’s Risk Management Honor Roll at just 29 years old.
We invite you to connect and engage with Ryan before, during, and after the symposium.
Lockton is a global professional services firm with 6,500 Associates who advise clients on protecting their people, property and reputations. Lockton has grown to become the world’s largest privately held, independent insurance broker by helping clients achieve their business objectives.
For nine consecutive years, Business Insurance magazine has recognized Lockton as a “Best Place to Work in
Insurance.” To see the latest insights from Lockton’s experts, check Lockton Market Update.
Questions or comments? Contact the Symposium staff: